Climate-Smart Feed Management
The National Animal Nutrition Program (NANP) is at the forefront of advancing science-based information, educational tools, and enabling technologies related to the nutrient needs of agricultural animals. In collaboration with the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and Texas A&M AgriLife Research, NANP is launching a Climate-Smart Feed Management (CSFM) committee to enhance livestock feeding practices.
Detailed objectives can be found here. The CSFM committee aims to:
- Facilitate science-driven dialogue on climate-smart feed management.
- Provide accessible and user-friendly feed and animal nutrition information for conservation professionals.
- Deliver targeted education and training opportunities for various stakeholders.
- Contribute expertise to enhance NRCS evaluation tools and modeling.
- Serve as a forward-looking forum to address future needs in climate-smart animal agriculture.
Service on the CSFM committee offers an opportunity to:
- Shape the future of climate-smart animal agriculture.
- Influence research investments in the field.
- Expand professional connections with industry experts.
Resources of Interest:
- NRCS Feed Management (Au.) (592) Conservation Practice Standard
- NRCS Nutrient Management (Ac.) (590) Conservation Practice Standard
- A 1-page letter outlining how you can contribute to the CSFM committee's objectives.
- A 2-page CV with current and relevant information.
Join us in driving positive change in livestock feeding management and shaping the future of sustainable agriculture!